Virgin StartUp and intu are on a mission to find the best food and drink businesses in Britain
Virgin StartUp Foodpreneur 2017 together with intu, is a nationwide competition to shine a light on the best food and drink businesses in Britain. On the judging panel will be some of the most influential people involved in the UK food industry as well as top food and drink entrepreneurs.
Winners from previous years have gone on to be stocked in major UK supermarkets, open popular restaurants in prime locations and export products globally. This year, the prize is bigger and better than ever - take a look at what our 2017 winners can expect to receive.
- Eight semi-finalists will be awarded the opportunity to showcase their business in a customised pop-up at one of intu’s UK prime shopping centres and online at intu.co.uk for one week.
- Four finalists will win the chance to pitch and present their business to a panel of top industry experts.
- The winner will get the unique opportunity to run their business, reaching an audience of millions, in one of intu’s UK centres and online for six weeks and benefit from advice and support from both intu and Virgin StartUp.
- 18 hours of mentor sessions from Virgin StartUp mentors and intu executives.
intu owns many of the UK’s largest and most popular shopping centres, attracting over 400 million unique visits each year.
Meet the winners of Foodpreneur 2015
How to enter?
Complete our short application form on or before the deadline of 11:59pm (BST) 21st May 2017 to be in with a chance of winning. To be eligible you must be:
- Aged 18 and over.
- Based in the UK.
- Your business must be three years old or less.
- You must have the right to work in the UK.
How to start a healthy food business
Wellness is a big industry when it comes to food, and startups are at the forefront of this. We spoke to two entrepreneurs running healthy startups about how they started their healthy businesses.